Based in Warsaw, Poland
Brassheart is a Point and Click adventure game set in the alternative 1920s, inspired by the dieselpunk aesthetics and the classics of the genre.
In the world of Brassheart, you play as Pola Zagórska, a smart and chipper aeroplane pilot. She follows the clues that may provide a way to save her father kidnapped by his own invention, a rebellious supermachine, Valkiria. This powerful difference engine gathered loyal army and relentlessly pursues the goal of mechanizing and militarizing the whole world. It is governed by cold calculation, and all those who oppose it will be in danger. One of such people was Prof. Zagórski, the co-creator of the machine. Before the kidnapping, however, he managed to give his daughter a clue about defeating the Valkiria. The key to stopping the machine's domination may be a mysterious invention called ‘Brassheart' that affects her will.
Pola has to set off on a journey and find parts of the mechanical heart scattered all over the world, for they are her only chance to stop the sinister machine, end the era of mechanical terror and save her father.
When we started working on Brassheart our goal was to tell a story that was broad in its scope, but at the same time intrinsically personal. This is how Pola became our protagonist; a person who, in her quest against an immeasurable power of Valkiria, is motivated by the close relationship with friends and family.
But for this dynamic to work, we’ve also had to put her in an interesting and living world. The global turmoil and technological revolution of the early 20th century fit perfectly and allowed us to create an alternative reality of fantastical inventions and colorful characters.
Our hope was also to inspire imagination and creative-problem solving through the use of cartoonish, colorful art-style reminiscent of the classics in the point-and-click genre, while keeping our puzzles grounded in commonsensical logic.
We believe that by following these principles throughout the development, we’ve created an adventure experience that will be appreciated by both enthusiasts of the genre and newcomers.
- DISCOVER THE WORLD OF BRASSHEART — Admire many meticulously designed 2D locations and a unique graphic style inspired by dieselpunk and cartoons.
- ENJOY DIESELPUNK SETTING — Welcome in the alternative reality of 1920s, the age of global turmoil and brilliant technologies born out of science and creativity.
- EXPERIENCE CAPTIVATING STORY — Follow Pola’s steps in her quest against the immeasurable power of Valkiria and unearth her father’s enigmatic inventions.
- MEET THE COLORFUL CHARACTERS — On your way you will meet a lot of interesting figures: barons and countesses entangled in high-society intrigues, spies, criminals, adventurers and inventors.
- SOLVE THE PUZZLES WITH PASCAL — Fix mechanisms, solve puzzles and come up with creative solutions to head-scratching problems. Your companion on the journey, automaton Pascal is ready to offer you helpful hints at any time!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Brassheart: Indie Showcase Finalist" Digital Dragons, 2019
- "Brassheart is an upcoming point and click game where robots may be friend or foe"
- Jay Castello, Rock Paper Shotgun
- "Brassheart building towards 2019 release"
- Jack Allin, Adventure Gamers
- "Das grosse Polen - Special - Die spannendsten Neuerscheinungen 2019"
- Achim Fehrenbach, Games.ch
- "Pixel Heaven 2019 – najciekawsze gry strefy indie "
- Michał Lisiecki, IGN Poland
- "Brassheart: alternatywna rzeczywistość"
- Aleksandra Woźniak, Ostatnia Tawerna
- "W co graliśmy na Pixel Heaven 2019?"
- Robert Chełstowski , Gamerweb
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Monetization and streaming permission
Hexy Studio consents to the use of video materials captured from our games for the purposes of producing your own videos focused on those games, such as previews, reviews, let's play videos or other gameplay based videos, to be published on your Youtube channel or streaming services. You are free to monetize such videos. We do not consent to the use of individual assets from our games, such as audio, images or other elements taken out of the game's context for the purposes of producing your own videos that do not focus on our games. However, if you are producing a video that either focuses on one of our games or concentrates on a wider phenomenon (for instance, discussing different games of a specific genre) and our game or studio is one of the topics of that discussion, you are free to use individual assets and monetize such videos, but you need to clearly identify and credit such assets in the video itself or in the video's description. For all videos concerning our games, please include a link to official websites of discussed games in the video itself or in the video's description. Use of Hexy Studio logo and other studio specific assets of any kind is only allowed in videos that are produced in direct context to our games, unless a separate, individual consent is given .
About Hexy Studio
Hexy Studio is an independent games studio, founded in 2015 in Warsaw, Poland. In the beginning, we were focused on promoting board games created by other companies and participated in more than 15 crowdfunding campaigns as a studio behind the trailers' creation. Hexy Studio also released two boardgame titles independently: StarScrappers: Cave-in and Hard City, both of which received warm welcome from the players. Following the board game successes, we decided to extend activities to the area of video games. We are currently working on our debut title, Brassheart.
More information on Hexy Studio, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Studio Owner, Creative Director